Today make a conscious effort to strike back against the selfishness and greed of our modern world. Go out of your way and help a fellow human being. Not next month, but today.
Volunteering your time, money, or energy to help others doesn’t just make the world better—it also makes you better.
Taking the time to help another human being maybe consider inconvenient, however it has many humbling advantages:
- It makes you feel better about yourself;
- It connects you with another person, at least for a moment, if not for life;
- It improves the life of another, at least a little;
- It makes the world a better place one little step at a time;
- It causes a contagious ripple throughout the community;
- Gives us a sense of purpose;
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
So take just a few minutes today, and perform an act of kindness for another person. It can be something small or the start of something big. Put a smile on someone’s face.