We should all smile more often. At this time of year this can become a challenge, but we need to remind ourselves of the many benefits that come from smiling at another:
- Smiling at others is uplifting and good for your soul;
- Smiling radiates positivity to others;
- Smiling can change others moods and outlooks;
- Smiling brings joy to others and promotes peace in the world;
- Smiling creates a ripple contagious effect that can impact many;
- Smiling at strangers is a small act in compassion;
- Smiling can make you happier.
Too often we brush past strangers without a second glance. Most of us try to avoid any eye contact at all.
Try this instead: look strangers in the eye, and give them a genuine smile. In most cases, you’ll get a smile in return. The more you smile, the more smiles you’ll see in return.
End result? A happier world. So simple!