If it’s not here right now, when will it come?
Maybe we think it’ll come when we improve our lives, or meet our goals, or succeed at our business. Maybe it’ll come when we go on that next trip, or when we find time to relax.
Or we could try this:
- Slow down instead of rushing.
- Pause to savour the current moment.
- Really notice everything about the moment, and find small things to appreciate.
- Be grateful for what there is right here, right now.
- Allow the things that are bothering you to just be in your life, without fighting with them, without pushing them away.
- Don’t allow little things to offend you. They’re not worth ruining this moment.
- Let the beauty of this moment wash over.
These are all things we already know. But we don’t actually do them. The key here is practice.
If you don’t practice being present, slowing down, enjoying the moment right now, when will you practice? What are you practicing now instead?
Start your practice this moment! Happy Christmas one and all