Mindfulness Based Stressed Reduction is a 6-week online course suitable for individuals or groups wanting to learn how to be mindful in their daily lives.
The format is based on the original framework developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Its aim is to help participants discover and utilize their own inner resources for bringing balance, health, and peace of mind to their lives.
Through group and individual practices, and discussions, participants learn ways to cultivate mindfulness into their daily life so that they can meet the stressors and challenges of everyday life with greater ease.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone with an interest of learning mindfulness and meditation. No previous experience is required.
Mindfulness practices can assist with:
- Difficult emotions
- Health issues, eg. insomnia, headaches, chronic pain
This practical skills-based course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation
- Introduction to a number of mindfulness practices and techniques
- Group discussion aimed at developing the practices in everyday life
- Guided audio app to support home practice.
- Increased ability to relax
- Decrease in pain and increase in ability to cope with chronic pain
- Reduction in symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Improved overall health
- Increased energy and enthusiasm
- More self confidence
- Resilience in the face of health and life challenges
- Greater sense of compassion for self and others
You can ring or text on 0410329278